Monday, October 17, 2011

Life over death


When I hold a HisHands baby, I am always amazed at how precious life is, how helpless tiny infants are.
I am sobered to think of the delicate balance of life or death in which that same baby may have hung as its mother may have wavered in her decision to have it, or let it be quietly "taken care of." 
I am awed to think of the courage it must have taken for its mother to have chosen life...to have decided that having this darling child would be better than saving face and keeping the family honor. 
I am thankful that because of this kind of courage, one more baby can live, to experience the joy of learning to crawl, walk, talk, sing, dance, and play. That one more baby can have life...a life with humble beginnings, perhaps... but even the greatest of heroes started as an infant. 

A friend and colleague wrote a blog post about the staggering abortion rate in Taiwan and the hope that is rising from this desperation. I would encourage you to read, ponder, and pray. Pray for Taiwan. Pray for God's work here, and pray for its workers.

Lord, how we need You here.

No comments:

Post a Comment