Friday, October 28, 2011

small victories

I have two to share today.
  • I received a message from a kid whose family I used to work at summer camp with. He told me that he goes to my alma mater now and as a recent assignment, read my story about being in Taiwan. How did he get this story, you ask? My professor emailed me during Missions Emphasis Week and asked me to share about how God brought me to the mission field, in an effort to encourage other Music Ed students considering going. I was more than happy to share it. And it came at an appropriate time--I was struggling being distracted with homesickness. Sharing my story was a good reminder as to why I am here and what God is doing, even though it may seem like in the day-to-day, things are not moving along as much as I'd like.
  • Today was parent-teacher conferences. I had no idea what I was doing, but dutifully went to school when I normally do and waited for parents to come find me. The two parents that did seemed to come to an understanding of where I was coming from and what happens in music class, and seemed satisfied with my answers. I am glad. No irate or ruffled-up parents yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment